This was the first sweet which I had tried post wedding. By God’s grace it came out so well. A very simple and easy to do sweet,but very yummy.
- Finely grated carrot-3 cups
- Sugar-1/2 cup
- Milk-2 Cups
- Cashew Nuts-7 to 8
- Raisins- 7 to 9
- Wash the carrots thoroughly and peel the skin.
- Grate it using a fine grater.
- Heat ghee in a kadai and carefully roast cashew nuts and raisins. Separate them.
- Boil milk and cool it. I prefer boiling before using for halwa to check the goodness of the milk.
- Add and heat remaining ghee in a kadai and add the grated carrot to it.
- Saute the carrot until the raw smell of carrot vanishes.
- Add milk and allow it to boil. Keep continuously stirring from this stage.
- When milk begins to boil,add sugar and keep stirring.
- You will find that the mixture thickens.
- Cook until the mixture thickens and attains the consistency of halwa.
- Add roasted cashew nut and raisins .
My observations :
The more the amount of ghee,the more yummy the halwa is.
Stop cooking when you achieve the right consistency or else it would end up in rock like texture.
Saute raisins first and cashew next. Do not let cashew darken.
Badam can also be added with cashew nuts and raisins.
If you wish to add few strands of saffron,soak it in little quantity of warm milk and add before step 10.
The amount of sugar is absolutely your choice and can be increased/decreased to a little extent to adjust your taste.
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on Twitter or PINTEREST. You can also receive all my recipes in your mail box by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin.If you have a picture of recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me.I am privileged to share them in my page