- Basmati rice-2 cups
- Carrot-1/4 cup(Finely chopped)
- Potato-1/4 cup(Finely chopped)
- Onion-1/4 cup(Finely chopped)
- Beans-1/4 cup(Finely chopped)
- Green peas–1/4 cup
- Corn kernels-1/4 cup
- Spring onion-1 tbsp(Finely chopped)
- Capsicum-2 tbsp(Finely chopped)
- Garlic–2 tbsp(Finely chopped)
- Green chilly-1
- Soya sauce-1/4 tbsp
- Green chilly sauce-1 tbsp
- Salt-To taste
- Pepper-1/2 tbsp
- Ghee-To cook
- Chop all vegetables like carrot, potato, beans length wise.
- Cook green peas and corn kernels for 2 whistles.
- Chop spring onion, capsicum, garlic and set aside.
- Soak basmati rice in warm water for 20 minutes after thoroughly rinsing.
- Fry the rice in ghee with one split green chilly.
- Remove the chilly and pressure cook rice in 2 cups of water and fluff it up with a fork.
- Heat kadai add ghee and saute onion, carrot, potato and beans one after the other separately.
- Give more time for carrot, beans and potato, as it ll take little time to cook.
- While frying all vegetables is done, add ghee in a kadai (pan) and saute garlic, spring onion and capsicum.
- Add very little amount of soya sauce.
- Reduce the flame and add all fried and cooked veggies.
- Add green chilly sauce, salt, pepper and mix it well.
- Finally mix this with the rice and serve hot .
- Garnish with spring onion green part.
I mostly skip adding soya sauce and green chilly sauce. You can add ajinomoto if you wish.
After adding soya sauce don’t cook with high flame.
While you saute the vegetables, ensure that they get cooked to 50%.
To increase the spice level you can adjust pepper level.
You have to chop the vegetables very thin.
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on Twitter or PINTEREST. You can also receive all my recipes in your mail box by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin.If you have a picture of recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me.I am privileged to share them in my page