I have always used and had capsicum as a part of chinese dishes only mostly. For the very first time , my husband gave a clue on this capsicum sambhar. With few tips from my MIL and continuous trial and error we arrived at this yummy sambhar. My husband loves this and will definitely demand for more rice with this.
- Capsicum-1 medium sized
- Tomato-1 medium sized
- Toor dhal-1/4 cup
- Moong dhal-1/4 cup
- Sambhar Powder-1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder-1/4 tbsp
- Hing-A pinch
- Salt-To taste
- Oil-To cook
- Mustard seeds
- Fenugreek seeds
- Red chilly-1
- Wash both the dhals in water and soak them for few minutes.
- Pressure cook both together and mash them once cooked.
- In a kadai , add oil,make mustard seeds spulter.
- Add fenugreek seeds,curry leaves,red chilly.
- Saute onion,tomato and capsicum one after the other.
- When they turn soft add hing,turmeric powder,sambar powder and give a quick stir.
- Add water and let capsicum cook.
- Now add the cooked dhal and let it boil for few minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
The more the sambhar boils,the yummier is the taste and flavour.
You can add chilly powder instead of red chilly.
You can add tamarind extract and let it boil after adding mashed dhals.
Adjust the level sambhar powder according to your spice level.
I like it when it is slightly thicker than usual sambhar.
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on Twitter or PINTEREST. You can also receive all my recipes in your mail box by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin.If you have a picture of recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me.I am privileged to share them in my page