My Mother In Law’s recipe of kara kulambu is as below. It sees so simple but it will surely tickle in your tongue for hours.If you love a spicy menu in your lunch give a try.
- Tomato-1 finely chopped
- Sambhar powder-1 tbsp
- Hing-1 1/4 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder-1/4 tbsp
- Tamarind extract-1 and 1/2 cups
- Salt-To taste
- Gingelly Oil-To cook
- Mustard seeds-1/2 tbsp
- Urad dhal-1/2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds-1/4 tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds-1/4 tbsp
- Curry leaves
- Heat oil in a kadai and temper with the above mentioned items.
- Add onion,tomato,garlic one after the other and saute it well.
- When the onion turns translucent add hing,turmeric powder and sambhar powder.
- Add half cup of water and let it boil.
- When it begins to boil add tamarind extract and salt.
- Mix it well and allow it to boil.
- Let it boil until it thickens and oil separates it out as a top layer.
- Serve it hot with rice.
The more the kulambu boils the tastier it is.
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on Twitter or PINTEREST. You can also receive all my recipes in your mail box by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin.If you have a picture of recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me.I am privileged to share them in my page