I first tasted this in Hotel Janakiram and it was yet another dish which proved that they are the best always. Until then sweet paniyaram was made with jaggery at home . This can be your snack or breakfast. I have seen many people quoting to use idly/dosa batter on 3 rd day for making paniyaram. Though it seems to be a wise option , I prefer the below recipe of mom for paniyaram. The taste definitely stands apart with this batter recipe.I shall post the recipe of kara paniyaram (spicy version) shortly.This can be given for babies above eight months. An excellent finger food for babies and yummy option for breakfast and dinner.
- Idly/dosa rice-1 cup
- Raw rice-1 cup
- Urad dhal- 1/2 cup
- Fenugreek seeds-1/2 tbsp
Note:Raw rice:Idly/dosa rice:Urad dhal-2:2:1
To make paniyaram:
- Karupatti-3 tbsp scrapped(Palm Jaggery)
- Salt-To taste
- Oil/ghee-To grease
- Soak urad dhal and fenugreek seeds together.
- Soak both rice together.
- Soak it for a minimum for 4 hours.
- Grind urad dhal and fenugreek seeds into a fine paste without adding much water.
- Grind both the rice together in the same format.
- Mix both the above ground batter well and let it ferment for 8 hours.
- The batter would have risen up if fermented well.
- Mix it well after you confirm it is fermented well.Now the batter is ready for use.
- Add salt and karupatti to quarter cup of water and dissolve it well.
- Add the required amount of batter to this and mix well.
- Now heat the paniyara kadai and add a drop of oil in each hollow space.
- When it is heated,pour the batter carefully and cook it by closing.
- When one side is cooked,turn it carefully and let it cook.
- Cook in medium flame.
- When both the sides are cooked,serve it hot.
Please do not forget to stay tuned with me by liking my facebook page here or follow me on Twitter or PINTEREST. You can also receive all my recipes in your mail box by providing your mail id here. Do share this with your kith and kin.If you have a picture of recipe tried from my blog kindly share with me.I am privileged to share them in my page